Friday, March 8, 2013

Hatless Pirate Wench in Blue Choli Bodice

Marshall Kändiß The Pyrate
Hatless in the blue Choli Bodice I made from old clothing scraps.

So, before I had talked about colors in regards to your body shape, as flattering & unflattering.

 Usually dark can be slimming, but if you are showing skin, it will look terrible if you are fairskinned and curvy.

I'm curvy, so the light/bright color of the turquoise blue helps to better display my bust, since I'm busty.

If I's used a dark color for the bodice, it would optically lessen the overall feel of the look of this costume. You want to emphasize the plump roundness especially for a pirate or wench look.

 The only trouble with this costume, the dark sheer fabric is made of plastic fiber, so it doesn't let the skin breath, which can cause excess sweating, and that will make the skin slippery, and the fabric can slide, so you will constantly need to adjust your bust.

So, what I do, is wear a cotton blouse of the same style underneath. It gets better traction/friction-hold, and keeps the bust in place better.



No comments:

Post a Comment